Meet Heather Mitchell | Founder & Lead Instructor
In 2009 after completing my first one year contract as a registered dental hygienist I decided to become an Undercoverwear agent. I sold lingerie and adult novelties. One of the items carried was a novelty pole called My sexy Little Pole. I searched YouTube to see what I could do with this pole. This is when I discovered pole was a thing? Yup! It's a big thing!
Next, I set out to find where I could learn more. I took my first class in late 2009. A break from pole came during my pregnancy and several months after my son was born. Once in the swing of motherhood, I returned to my pole fitness practice.
In 2014 I began teaching pole classes and became a certified pole fitness instructor, through the Canadian Pole Fitness Association. As I grew as an instructor and artist, I found it was time to start the next chapter in my pole journey. With this, Body Language, was founded.
Certification & Training
• CPFA (Canadian Pole Fitness Association) Certified Pole Dance and Fitness Instructor
• CPFA Aerial Hoop Instructor Certification
• POUND® Pro Instructor Training, Recognized by Canfitpro
• Fly Gym Instructor, Approved by The American Council on Exercise
Competitions | Heather Mitchell
- 2014 Pole Sport Organization (PSO) Competition First Place, Level 1, Entertainment
- 2015 Pole Sport Organization Canadian Competition Second Place, Level 1, Championship
- 2016 Great White North Pole Competition Third place, Razzle Dazzle, floor work
- 2018 PSO Toronto East, Low flow Level 3